Loss of Illumination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loss of Illumination

I recently just got my bike fired up for the first time. My fuel guage said full when it was empty so I figured when I cleaned the tank I put the sending unit back in wrong. But now I have lost the lights for gear selection and the turn signals will not work. Any ideas?

Hi,

Start checking and cleaning connections. Have a look at the wiring diagram to determine which wires feed those circuits. Is it possible that you have your fuel gauge send unit plugged in backwards? There is a fuel gauge send unit service/repair tutorial on my little website.

(Please pardon my profound glimpse into the obvious.)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
    Last edited by Guest; 06-08-2012, 01:15 PM.

Comment

I had a similar issue... it turned out to be burnt out lights... Have you checked the lamps themselves?

Comment

Thanks Basscliff, I'll start cleaning and checking the connections. razor02097 - the wierd thing is they were all working. Took a first ride and a few days later noticed they were not lit up. So I doubt its the lamps. Some kind of wiring thing probably. Are those lights all on the same fuse?

Comment

Yup same here. When I first got the bike the light worked but it just stopped working one day... I thought the worst. Luckily it was just the lamp.

Comment

Well damn. Lamp easy to replace. What is it a 194 bulb?

Comment

Working...
            X