1981 suzuki gs550L key switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 suzuki gs550L key switch

i am not very good with electrical the key switch on the bike was fine this morning but went out to go for a ride at 930 this morning turned key and no lights nothing battery is brand new full charge no blowen fuses is their any way to test the key switch or is their a way to by pass it temp till i get another switch

Have you tried spraying some penetrating oil into it and working it back and forth?

Eric

Comment

no not yet will give it a try thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mikey1969 View Post
        no not yet will give it a try thanks
        Hopefully you have multimeter or at least test light. Key switch powers the ignition, turn signal and headlight fuses- test to find out. Fuses can look could, but be no good.
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Hi,

Is the "kill switch" on the right handlebar in the "RUN" position?

Just a thought.

Sometimes fuses can look good but still not work. Take a closer look, make sure the connections are clean.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I doubt very much if it is the ignition switch. You clearly have an open circuit somewhere, not a degradation of a connection. Time to troubleshoot with the multimeter and a wiring diagram. It should be relatively easy to find if you know how to read a wiring diagram.

Comment

Working...
            X