kz1000 stator in a gs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kz1000 stator in a gs?

wasn't sure where to put this. I was wondering if you guys think there will be any trouble using a kz1000 stator in my gs1000L? its a brand new stator and is supposed to be for a 78 or 79 kz1000.

Hi,

According to my research, those two parts are not interchangeable.

Note: For a list of bikes that use the same stator or r/r as your bike, look up your part at Electrosport and click the "Full Product Details" link. They have a cross-reference listing of bikes that use their parts. Click the link under the heading "Vehicles This Product Is Known To Fit".

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

thanks, well dang, I'm may have a couple of issues with charging then....

Comment

I run one in my 80 motor.
        Go to Denniskirk.com and hit "other machines this will fit"
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
          I run one in my 80 motor.
          Go to Denniskirk.com and hit "other machines this will fit"
          I think 80 was the only GS year with the small crankshaft end.
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
            I think 80 was the only GS year with the small crankshaft end.
            I have an 1150 crank.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

here's how I came looking at it, the stator is the same size, the kz and gs were both out during the same couple of years, similar motors, similar bikes in general really, so similar charging demands. if I have trouble I'll update, but I seriously think with all the similarities I'm pretty safe, would it help if I got a photo of the stator?

Comment

Working...
              X