big headlight replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

big headlight replacement?

my 82 1100E headlamp needs replacing, but I really like the look of the big light, any suggestions on products, etc that would work? I've still got the bucket but the lens is busted

You see the lens on Ebay from time to time. There's a Yamaha model from the same time period that used the big Stanley lamp. An internet search will tell you which one. If worse comes to worst I have one with a small hole in the front that I siliconed. I'm not using it and it works just fine, no distortion to the beam. The only reason I changed it is after a dozen inspections with it that way an inspector turned me down over it. There was a drag racer in the area who had a bunch of them so I was able to get one cheap for a replacement.

Comment

The XJ650 Seca. I always wanted one.

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
      You see the lens on Ebay from time to time. There's a Yamaha model from the same time period that used the big Stanley lamp. An internet search will tell you which one. If worse comes to worst I have one with a small hole in the front that I siliconed. I'm not using it and it works just fine, no distortion to the beam. The only reason I changed it is after a dozen inspections with it that way an inspector turned me down over it. There was a drag racer in the area who had a bunch of them so I was able to get one cheap for a replacement.

Comment

Not sure if the E model uses a 7" lamp. If it does, I really like the IPF housings and bulbs. You have to buy two, but the light pattern is great at night. The housing replaces a regular H4 type of lamp- works great on a Windjammer. I have one on both of my G models.

Comment

Originally posted by GS1000G Shopper View Post
          Not sure if the E model uses a 7" lamp.
          the E uses an 8" assy

Comment

have a look here

a member here got one from them to use on his bike

Comment

no 8" setups noted on that page, something I missed?

Comment

sorry about that.....didn't read enough to see you need the 8"

Comment

Working...
                X