78 gs550 tail light burn out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

78 gs550 tail light burn out

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. My bike is my daily driver, and I replace my tail light probably twice a year easily. I put a new one in in april, and my riding buddy let me know the running light portion was burnt last weekend. I'm using the "heavy duty" ones from canadian tire, made in hungary. Is this issue systemic with these bikes? No other bulbs have any issues, and my voltage is fine. Too much vibration maybe? If anyone has had this problem and has an ingenious fix, I'd be happy to be enlightened.

It is probably from vibration, or from high voltage if your regulator is not working properly. My VFR was burning out bulbs about monthly, I replaced them with LED bulbs and it has been 6 months with no issues, I did check my voltage at the sockets and it was not high so my issue was vibration. This is what I used not all LED replacement bulbs are as bright as the stock incandescent, however these were.
    Super Bright LEDs is one of the largest online retailers of LED lighting for commercial and residential uses. Enjoy free/same-day shipping on qualifying orders!

I hope that is helpful.

Comment

You can always replace the 1157 bulbs with the heavy duty type with a stronger filament, 2057.

Eric

Comment

Working...
      X