Side kickstand light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side kickstand light

My light stays on and bike wont start. I have checked all wiring for nicked or shorted wire. i tried jumping wires together but wont turn over at all. Any ideas?
    Thanks

The Switch only controls the light. It doesn't affect the ignition at all (i.e. bike will run fine even with that light illuminated).

We had the exact same thread on here last week - you might want to check it out.

First culprit should be the clutch lever safety switch (won't let the bike start unless lever pulled in). If necessary you can trace the wiring back under the tank & unplug it then plug the two connections on the harness together. This will over-ride it (make your own judgement about overriding the safeties).

1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

The kickstand and oil pressure light both come on when there's no oil pressure i.e. engine not running.

Either with a test light or a multimeter you'll have to trace the wiring and find out where your losing power in the starter circuit.

As salty_monk pointed out make sure you pull in the clutch lever and have the kill switch on when trying to crank the bike.

Comment

Working...
      X