just picked up gs 1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just picked up gs 1000

Just found this site very cool. Just picked up gs 1000 stamp says gs 100-105 any know what model this is , bikes' been sitting for years , cleaned tank ,carbs and put in a bat . No spark turns over and has power to coils any help would be welcome ,thanks Jim.

A pic say a thousand words or at least a hundred.....You may have to take off the points cover and see if it is still original etc....more info You should get Cliffs welcome soon with lots of info......Welcome.
    David
    1998 Suzuki Bandit
    1978 GS750 gone but not forgotten
    1978 GS1000 - gone
    1981 GS850 - gone

Comment

vin #

the vin is gs1000-105288 no letters after 1000 the bike has been stripped of most identifing parts and painted .

Comment

How to post pic's.

Or maybe you can google it, type GS1000 then go to images and copy the bike it looks like and paste it here.
        sigpic
        Steve
        "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo 60 View Post
          the vin is gs1000-105288 no letters after 1000 the bike has been stripped of most identifing parts and painted .
          This must be the engine number?
          The GS 1000 EC ( 1978) starts with GS 1000 -100001
          sigpicJohn Kat
          My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,
          GS 1100 SZ Katana with GS 1135 EFF engine, KTM Superduke 1290 R 2020

Comment

The frame # of mine is the vin, stamped on the right side of the steering head of the frame GS1000-51____(51+4 numbers). The engine # is on a raised rectangular casting adjacent to the clutch lever. GS1000- (six numbers). The two do not match.
            http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Welcome to the site,,,,

Here is a wealth of information for you to go through, I am sure some of it will help you out....

Cheers

Greetings and Salutations,

I have not been able to be on the forum much lately and many new members have not received their "mega-welcome". If you are here you probably have a 30 year old motorcycle that needs about 20 years worth of maintenance. You'll find all kinds of helpful tips, procedures, manuals, etc, in the links below. Let's get started.

Let me dump a TON of information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. This is what NOT to do: Top 10 Newbie Mistakes. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks all for your replys the number is stamped on the frame head tube and thats all the numbers, bike is chain drive, spoked wheels , points ign, vm carbs.
                Thank you Jimbo

Comment

A GS1000C. Single front rotor, flat seat and detente turn signal switch. I have the C seat on my E model, I think they are the best, and a set of the wire wheels that will eventually go on the bike. You will not have the turn signal problems with that model (failing self cancel module) that the E model has, and can always add another front rotor if you like.
                  http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
                    A GS1000C. Single front rotor, flat seat and detente turn signal switch. I have the C seat on my E model, I think they are the best, and a set of the wire wheels that will eventually go on the bike. You will not have the turn signal problems with that model (failing self cancel module) that the E model has, and can always add another front rotor if you like.
                    You can add another rotor but you need at least a set of E lower legs and a set of E rotors because the C rotor is a diferent size.Been through this comversion in my 1000 thread.

Comment

Could it be one like this?

Or one like this?
                      sigpic
                      Steve
                      "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

SVSooke, Thanks for the clarification, in my case it doesn't matter because I'm starting with an E model, but I also don't want to be putting out bad information.

Comment

Yes , It looks like the 79 sans gauges, emblems and has been painted , thanks all
                          Jimbo

Comment

Working...
                          X