1979 GS1000L unknown connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1979 GS1000L unknown connector

I'm trying to get my newly aquired bike on the road and in the process of tuning and syncing the carbs I noticed over the valve cover two wire connectors with nothing plugged into them. I also didn't see any corresponding wires available to plug in so I'm guessing I may be missing a part. The connectors are a Green and the other is a Yellow/Green or Green/ Yellow I can't tell which.
    The only electircal gremlin I seem to have is that the left turn signal keeps comming on, and the right doesn't seem to want to come on, it just half blinks rapidly for a second or two. But according to the wiring diagrams I have, the turn signal wires are Light Green and Black so. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Clutch safety switch wiring? does it start without pulling in clutch?

Left signal is on all the time?
    Do you have single filament bulbs in front turn signals (i.e. no running lights)?
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Not positive I'm looking at the correct wiring diagram, but it looks like green is the horn(s), green/yellow is the oil pressure switch, and yellow/green is the starter button-solenoid connection.

Comment

Fuel guage connection? Check under your tank,see if the corresponding wires are there?
        http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/u...00080021-1.jpg
        1978 GS1000C
        1979 GS1000E
        1980 GS1000E
        2004 Roadstar

Comment

Hi,

Got a picture?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks for the help, after poking around i figured out that the bike was missing one of the horn units. So that explains the extra connectors. Though the colors didn't match the diagram I got off Basscliff's site, maybe the wires are just faded. I guess I'll have to break down and get a clymers/haynes manual, just so I have another reference for the wiring. I also was able to get the turn signals working somewhat by fiddling with the switch, I took it apart before to try and clean it but that didn't help it just feels "loose" inside, maybe a PO lost a part while cleaning the switch.

Comment

Working...
            X