Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 GS300L Wiring Problems

Hi guys,
    if anyone out there has a wiring schematic for my bike it would be GREATLY appreciated cause I am pretty well lost at the moment!!!

http://www.mtsac.edu/~cliff/storage/gs/GS250T-300LZ_manual-82.pdf

page 301

This is from out local welcoming commitee who should be along shortly.

members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/

What are you having trouble with ?

There are a few people here with that exact bike.

hjacobmiller is one of them
    razor02907 is another,

You can pm them if you like or do a search for gs300
    Last edited by Mekanix; 08-13-2012, 10:55 PM.
    Stephen.
    1981 GSX540L "Frankintwin"
    1989 GS500E Resto-mod .

400 mod thread
    Photo's 1

Photos 2

Gs500 build thread
    GS twin wiki

Comment

Oh wow thanks! That's more information and lituiture on the bike than when I started! You basically just upped my info on the bike by like 10x cause I haven't been able to find much information and I've just been going off of the bike and my mechanical and collision related background!

Well I recently got the bike basically all back together because I had stripped the frame all the way down to cure some serious rust problems and I painted the whole frame a satin black to make sure the rust doesn't come back anytime soon! But I got it all basically back together and I was hooking up the wiring harness from the best of my memory and from the few pictures that I had taken and when I hooked the battery up all the gauge cluster lights came on and the headlight works as well as the taillight and brake lights but no turning signals (I know I don't have them fully hooked up yet). So of course I go to try to start it and nothing happens so either I don't have the starter solenoid hooked up correctly or it's junk. I haven't gotten much further into it since.

Comments, questions, and advice are welcome!

Comment

I have a color coded diagram I made. PM me if you're interested and I can email it to you.

If you're messing with the wiring you should get your voltmeter and wallet out because I guarantee you're going to have to use both on the 300

Comment

Thanks!

Haha yes I have a very capable multimeter because I work on cars but now I'm trying my hand at bikes!

Comment

Working...
          X