GS1150 / other model gauge questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1150 / other model gauge questions

I'm looking to do some modifications to my Honda Sabre, and one of them would be to replace the unobtainable gauge panel with a better one. It's apples to oranges to a degree as it is liquid cooled and the GS is not. I've spent the day looking at various gauge panels and like the GS1150 model.

My bike has an electronic speedometer and tach, but a cable conversion appears to be easy. The stock panel has gear position (1-6), fuel level, and coolant temp.

The 1150 panel duplicates all of that except has oil temp vs. water temp. No biggie.

Here are a few questions-
    1. I found a wiring diagram & manual for an 1100 on Cliff's site, and when I searched here the one 1150 diagram post I saw never got what he was looking for. Looking at the 1150 panel I'm not sure how the gear position is displayed. On my 1000G, it is a series of numbers in front of lights. On the 1150, it looks to be a single digit. I'd like to know if it wires via many wires (one for each gear) or just one.

2. The wiring diagram shows a 7-position gear switch (6 plus N). The 6th wire terminates at the switch. If the 1150 is a single digit display, I wonder if it would be possible to mod it to display a 6?

3. Are there any Suzuki models I've missed? Could be later ones, but not the computer controlled ones, as they usually need some type of ECM signal for the gauges. If I can get speed, RPM, fuel, coolant temp, and gear position I'll be happy. If they made a 6 speed model, that would be a bonus. I can adapt fuel and RPM settings as needed.

Thanks for any help and advice.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-28-2012, 10:42 AM.
Working...
X