82 450L Starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 450L Starter

Hey I'm Preston, lots of good info. I see myself coming to the site daily or weekly.

I just bought my first bike a 1982 GS450L two weeks ago.

Great bike. Original 6,800 elderly female miles. Almost all original minus a yamaha xs750 headlight. Ran like a champ until I switched to drag bars.. I searched around and think I can figured the instant rev at start up problem easy enough.

It's the fact that now after trying to "jump" the bike (for some reason it wouldn't start like normal after the handlebar switch.) with a automobile battery while not running that has caused the start button to not do anything... Anything you guys would suggest I replace to get the problem solved?

Any help would be great

Sounds like kill switch problem - might need to be cleaned after you disturbed it by switching bars. Kill switch off prevents cranking starter as well as killing ignition. Put your bike model/year in your signature.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I will have to check that out. It worked 5 seconds prior then I clicked it after killing it and nothing.

Comment

Sorry I'm a newbie to motorcycles, but by kill switch you mean the one on the handle bars correct?

Comment

"kill switch" must sound bad to newbie-how about " run/off switch" ? rignt next to throttle grip. switching handlebars might have disturbed its wiring head to Basscliff's site for a readable color wiring diagram

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
          X