Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 gs400 42 - wiring

So my 82 GS400 resto project arrived yesterday

I took off the side panels to start planning for were to put the new R/R and Flasher unit.

Interestingly enough the positions differ a little bit more than whats in the manual.

Bellow is the RR unit soon to be replaced with a 2007 HONDA CBR1000RR R.R

here you can see the ignitor - It seems to work fine bike fires us a bit better than my 2001 Kat. Does anyone know if they man a replacement unit for this. I don't think i need it but good to know incase

The flasher is on the opposite side all my its self

There are three wires going to the flasher. There are two oranges and a blue. My guess is the blue is the auto cancel and the two orange are live. So would I wire and Electronic unit it by putting both orange to the live and they grounding the other?
    Last edited by Guest; 09-13-2012, 08:23 AM.

Had a freind whos helping me with this resto come over today. Had the bike running and could feel how how the R/R and wires to it got. WOW cant wait to get that this out. Anyone have any thoughts on the LED flasher? I figure that black out on the flasher goes to the BLUE switch wire and the Two orange goes to the live red out from the flasher.
    Last edited by Guest; 09-13-2012, 08:21 AM.

Comment

The oarnge wires are powered while the ignition is on (one will be from the ignition switch or a fuse panel and one will be powering something else) and the blue is the flashing side going to the signal switch, eventually to the turn signal bulbs. I'm not versed on the auto cancel, so I can't speak as to how that factors in.

Comment

Working...
      X