No announcement yet.

LED Blinkers 650E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, as far as I know....mine blink until I move the switch back to neutral position

does it do the same if you turn the right blinker on ?

Comment

Originally posted by GS650E_81 View Post
      If I turn my key to on and turn the left signal on it will click over once or twice then stop. Is that normal?

Just a random question while I remembered it lol
      Is the bike running?

What is the battery voltage?

Some flashers do not like to work if the voltage is a bit low.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Bike is not running - off.

I will try the right blinker today. The voltage was a little low when a friend of mine tested it last year.

Comment

Right blinker works with the bike off. Left will blink 3 times then stop...hmm.

Comment

I just received the module, you are right GateKeeper, it does take a while to receive the part. Almost a whole month...

Anyway, I checked my current module and it appears to have a connector with only two prongs on it. I see this new one has three prongs.

Which prongs do I plug the connection into on the new one?

I hope this makes sense.

Also - I have never wired turn signals before, can I pick up some LED signals from ebay and just wire then straight up? Or will I need to do some modifications?

Comment

Yup, they sure are slow in arriving, mine took about the same...

now go here to see how to hook up

I got cheap LED Blinkers from some China site on EBay there were 4 for 10 bucks and free shipping, took out the original ones, plugged the LED ones into the existing wiring, put in the new flasher and all was good...

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
                Yup, they sure are slow in arriving, mine took about the same...

now go here to see how to hook up

I got cheap LED Blinkers from some China site on EBay there were 4 for 10 bucks and free shipping, took out the original ones, plugged the LED ones into the existing wiring, put in the new flasher and all was good...
                I looked at the link you posted. What are the wires connected to in the first two pictures?

On my bike the wiring harness has a connector that only has two prongs on it and its white...

Sorry - this stuff is all new to me

Comment

Well, you got me, mine had 3 but I had to switch 2 of the wires around for it to work

Unfortunately I am no electrical guru, far from it, but I gambled, and plugged it in one way, it didn't work, then plugged it in the other way and it worked, then I swapped the wires so the relay would sit the correct way.

now come to think of it, my original relay only had 2 prongs as well, even though I had 3 wires in the harness only 2 went on the original relay the 3rd was attached to nothing...
                  Last edited by Guest; 12-05-2012, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Hm... Okay I will look at it again further when I go to put the signals on.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
                    X