Cheap electrical parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap electrical parts

So where is a good place to go to find cheap electrical parts like coils and starters? The cheapest starter I can find so far is $138 and that seems a bit high to me. Am I wrong and that is the going price? If not please some websites would be greatly appreciated!

Forget junkyards, they still don't understand ebay and the internet have out priced them. Post here in Parts Wanted section of the forum, watch for sales at z1 and other on line retailers. Ebay ends up being the best place I have found.

Ultimately you might consider getting a parts bike. Look at Craigslist for backyard bikes, I've found several that way. Then you can sell parts you don't need to make it essentially free.
    1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
    1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

It will help US help YOU if we knew what bike you were talking about, where you are in this wide wide world, and what the symptoms are.

That said, probably a lot cheaper to rebuild the starter yourself. Could be just the brushes or corrosion or both.....

Comment

Originally posted by 850GT_Rider View Post
        It will help US help YOU if we knew what bike you were talking about, where you are in this wide wide world, and what the symptoms are.

That said, probably a lot cheaper to rebuild the starter yourself. Could be just the brushes or corrosion or both.....
        Hahaha sorry I totally forgot that might help. It is a 1980 gs550e. And I am located in Phoenix, Az

Comment

Originally posted by Invictus22 View Post
          Hahaha sorry I totally forgot that might help. It is a 1980 gs550e. And I am located in Phoenix, Az
          Thanks for the updates, now please add that information to your profile and your sig, so it shows up on every post, and you won't have to remember it.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            Thanks for the updates, now please add that information to your profile and your sig, so it shows up on every post, and you won't have to remember it.

Now Steve, how could he forget what kind of bike he has?

Comment

What is wrong with the existing starter? It is often possible to repair with little cost. A common issue for small Japanese starter motors, for example, is that the brush holder plate (shaped like a donut) doesn't ground properly to the brush holder and field housing. I install a ground strap on many of these to solve the problem.

Comment

I'd suggest taking it to an electric motor shop and have it checked out and rebuilt. Just look in the yellow pages.

Comment

Working...
                X