'82 GS1100L wiring diagram needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'82 GS1100L wiring diagram needed.

I need a wiring diagram for a 1982 GS1100L. More specifically, the lighting, preferably for the turn signals.

I'm having problems with the turn signals blinking slow on the left side and not blinking (steady on) on the right side. I replaced the tail/brake and rear flasher bulbs with LED bulbs for less current draw (couldn't find amber LEDs in the 1157/1043 style for the front), and replaced the flasher with an electronic flasher, which works better with LED lights, and now it doesn't flash at all.

I did notice about 11.5 volts from the battery, so just to be sure the low voltage isn't all, or part of, the problem, I'm charging the battery now.

Also, just to be sure I bought the right flasher, does anyone have an automotive-equivilant part number for a replacement flasher that I can use to see if I bought the right flasher?

Some years back, I replaced the bulbs on a Kawasaki KLR250 with LEDs for less current draw, and I found an electronic flasher at an auto parts place that worked fine, with no problems. But for some reason, it's not so simple on my GS.
    Last edited by Guest; 09-27-2012, 08:35 PM.

download entire OEM service manual here.
    '85 GS550L - SOLD
    '85 GS550E - SOLD
    '82 GS650GL - SOLD
    '81 GS750L - SOLD
    '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
    '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
    '82 GS1100G - SOLD
    '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

Thanks. I printed it at home on 8 1/2 x 11 paper, and it's too ssmall to read, even with reading glasses. Now I'm at work printing it on 11 x 17 paper, lol...

Comment

Working...
      X