Replacement Ignition for any GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mike_of_bbg View Post
    Wow, yeah, those Dyna sensors have gotten quite a bit smaller.

Don't know how relevant this might be for our bikes, but I did find this a little while back - from those crazy Aussies :

Particularly, the fact that there is an adjustable built-in advance curve seemed like a good thing for those later-model GSes. I'll leave it up to those more electrically inclined than myself to decide if it would be compatible.
    Mike,
    Thanks for this. I will sit down next week and give it a good read. One could even go that route and do way with the mechanical advance. Definitely very interesting!
    Another option available!!

Comment

Andre, I must confess to only having it in Word format at the moment and I also made it complimentary to the included instructions...

I really should make it a complete stand alone item and put it in PDF format for BassCliff's site and your archives.

If you PM me your email address I'll send you through what I have if you like.

Mike, I think you pointed that one out in my ignitor thread or a similar thread? I didn't look in detail but it certainly is something worth looking into further...
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Did you ever get a chance to try it on the 1000? What pickups did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by apsbainc View Post
          Did you ever get a chance to try it on the 1000? What pickups did you use?
          This is still on my todo list unfortunately. I plan to use the existing pickups and want to try it with a MAP sensor and maybe a TPS.

Comment

Working...
          X