No announcement yet.

1982 GS550 running on 2 cylinders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spent the last hour putting all the air box stuff back on to make sure it was all sealed and nice and tight with no leaks, still runs the same or lack there of

Comment

How is the compression?

Are you getting a big fat spark to all plugs?

Comment

Was it running on all 4 before you replaced the stock ignition with the Dyna? If so, how long ago was that?

Asked, but not answered - plugs wet on 3 & 4?

Did you bench sync the carbs before putting them back on? Lightly seat and then back out the idle screws ~3 turns?

The most likely culprits are the idle or pilot circuits on carbs 3 and 4...

Comment

Ignition was replaced due to bad CDI
          I backed out all 4 screws 2 1/4
          ran wire threw jets
          bike will now rev up kinda but still runs like crap and still depends on choke

Originally posted by mike_of_bbg View Post
          Was it running on all 4 before you replaced the stock ignition with the Dyna? If so, how long ago was that?

Asked, but not answered - plugs wet on 3 & 4?

Did you bench sync the carbs before putting them back on? Lightly seat and then back out the idle screws ~3 turns?

The most likely culprits are the idle or pilot circuits on carbs 3 and 4...

Comment

Originally posted by el6nino9 View Post
            ran wire threw jets
            bike will now rev up kinda but still runs like crap and still depends on choke
            I think you have your answer. Time for the full dip...

Comment

Threw in the towel on it, up for sale on craigslist, just want to get my $ back now, I just dont have the extra time to keep messing with this, I have other bikes to ride, and thought this was gonna be a quick easy to get running project so far its been one thing after another.

Comment

Working...
              X