'77 GS750B replacement rectifier help with wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'77 GS750B replacement rectifier help with wiring

I found a SH530-12 rectifier off a '88 kawasaki ninja ex250 it has 3 yellows(I assume their the stator wires) a black wire(ground-?) a white w/red stripe(power+?)a brown wire(sense?)
    If anyone's had experience with this particular rectifier could tell me if I'm correct with what I have interpreted, please let me know.
    The sense wire I'm taking to the brake light switch.
    I had found a wiring diagram in blk.& wht. but it was a little tough to follow.
    Thanks

Hi,

Your bike probably came stock with a separate rectifier and regulator. The newer units are integrated together. Be sure to remove the unnecessary rectifier and follow the diagram in the electrical section of my website. Make sure of the function of the brown and black wires on the r/r unit you have. The Honda units we usually use have the black as the sense wire and green as the ground. You may have to look up the Kawasaki documentation or the Shindengen factory documentation to verify the pin outs of your unit.

EDIT: For the SH530-12, the brown is the voltage sense wire. See the compatible list HERE or HERE.

This is the diagram I keep on my little website. (I think this is Mr. duaneage's diagram.)

In your case, the black wire is ground and the brown wire is the sense wire (to the brake light). The colors above reflect the Honda parts we usually use. But your Kaw unit is compatible.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
    Last edited by Guest; 12-19-2012, 04:21 PM.

Comment

You are correct- the brown wire is the sense wire. Head to this link for big color diagram

Make sure that you check that your sense wire location is not subject to large voltage drop- this would cause overcharging since the R/R would not have a good "view" of battery
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Thanks for the help gentlemen. That colored diagram was a big help.

Comment

Working...
        X