Mini flasher problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini flasher problem

I bought a set of mini flasher for my GS. When I plugged the first one to test it, it doesn't blink, he stays on. Then after some research I found that I had to put resistor to each turn signal, what I done but it still stays on and doesn't blink... I don't know why, can you help me?
    Thanks

Probably not your problem but thought I'd throw this out there just in case...... My flashers would not blink due to having too low wattage bulbs in the rears. Fixed by putting in larger bulbs with higher wattage.

Comment

I am not a 100% certain but I believe the stock flasher unit will have to be changed as well. I'm sorry I don't know more about it but have you tried a search in the archives? I think this was discussed a year or so back.

Good luck with it.

Comment

something like this should help.

Custom LED's Electronic LED Flasher Relays for motorcycles are designed to blink at the normal speed regardless of what type of blinker lamps you install. When changing the OEM blinker to LED on your motorcycle, you will experience the fast-blink or no-blink condition. These plug-and-play LED flasher relays fix these issues.

Comment

get the relay I have in this post

or take a look here, have link on where to purchase the relay

Comment

Thanks for the information, i'll buy the relay! The stock huge flashers looks strange on my 400.

Comment

Hi,

Yes, the stock flasher unit wants to "see" a specific load (resistance) in order to operate properly. If you install smaller bulbs they will not pull enough load to make the flasher "blink". You'll have to install an electronic flasher that does not care what the total load is and then wire it up correctly.

I replaced the stock flasher on my bike with an "off the shelf" unit. Read about it here: Turn Signal Relay Replacement.

If you have a single turn signal indicator bulb in your gauges then there are additional considerations.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

I forgot to mention that theres LED mini turn signal.

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
                If you have a single turn signal indicator bulb in your gauges then there are additional considerations.
                I have a left and right turn signal indicator in my gauge, it would be ok?

Comment

Originally posted by M.A. Jacques129 View Post
                  I bought a set of mini flasher for my GS. When I plugged the first one to test it, it doesn't blink, he stays on. Then after some research I found that I had to put resistor to each turn signal, what I done but it still stays on and doesn't blink... I don't know why, can you help me?
                  Thanks
                  First, it would help a LOT to know what model Yamaha or Kawasaki you are working on.

Oh, yeah, this is a Suzuki site, could that at least be one clue?

Second, "mini flashers" come in all kinds of "flavors", which one did you get?

Some have bulbs that sre simply not bright enough, others have LEDs.
                  There are different suggestions for the different lights.

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    First, it would help a LOT to know what model Yamaha or Kawasaki you are working on.

Oh, yeah, this is a Suzuki site, could that at least be one clue?

Second, "mini flashers" come in all kinds of "flavors", which one did you get?

Some have bulbs that sre simply not bright enough, others have LEDs.
                    There are different suggestions for the different lights.

Well he did say for his GS at least, that made me think it was a Suzuki, and he was at the correct site....

I bought a set of mini flasher for my GS. .........

Comment

Hi,

I forgot to mention that theres LED mini turn signal.
                      You will need an aftermarket electronic flasher to replace the stock flasher.

I have a left and right turn signal indicator in my gauge, it would be ok?
                      Yes, there will be no other consideration in the blinker circuit because you have separate left and right turn indicators.

You will need to install a new flasher relay like I did for my bike. Yours may not be exactly the same but the guide should give you an idea of what is necessary.

Also...

In many cases, a generic 2-prong FL-522 or 552 flasher can be used in place of the stock turn signal flasher. Note that this will disable the auto-canceling feature of your turn signals.

Tridon, Bussman, and others make 522 and 552 flashers.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                        Suzuki GS400E 1983 Canadian, 8 valve, 6spd.

Comment

Working...
                        X