No announcement yet.

Mystery part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For some reason it reminds me of a trailer connector thingy.
    Possibly he had some hard luggage and used to wire it in?

Comment

Tidy Up

Originally posted by tenseventythree View Post
      alright,
      i traced the wires and they all were turn signal/tail light/brake light related.

i went ahead and reconnected the wires to where they ought to go and got rid of the "unit".
      i tested all the affected lights and they work just fine.

i then gathered them into a conduit for neatness
      Wow...I need to tidy up this area of my bike--I got wires going everywhere.

Your's looks similar to mine...a little preventative maintenance will ensure both our bikes stay operational.

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)

Comment

alright,
        i traced the wires and they all were turn signal/tail light/brake light related.

i went ahead and reconnected the wires to where they ought to go and got rid of the "unit".
        i tested all the affected lights and they work just fine.
        Thanks posting the update/resolution.

My quess is that it was brake light modulator, and maybe also had turns signals both on solid all the time except then flash the one when it needs to indicate turn.
        ANd earlier you said the ground was not connected so maybe it had no effect and things operated normally.

Anyway. SO you cleaned things up some. And gained some familiarity with some more of the wiring.

And, as some folks say, "It aint really yours untill you repair or modify it some."

Last edited by Redman; 01-29-2013, 05:13 PM.
        http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
        Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
          Anyway. SO you cleaned things up some. And gained some familiarity with some more of the wiring.

And, as some folks say, "It aint really yours untill you repair or modify it some."

Really appreciate this comment Redman.

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)

Comment

Believe it or not, I actually HAD that same little black box until I finally pitched it out while I've been going through all of my "stash". It, I believe, is a turn signal control box used with an aftermarket bags/fairing set up. Like a windjammer and the bags I used to have that were on DDaniels bike, (now Robert Bars I believe?)

Anyway the thing was in one of the bags and it was connected to the turn signals and brake lights that were built into the bags. Can't remember what brand those were... I don't know if it also did modulation as well. I never hooked it up as I never put the bags on. At one time when I picked the rig up with the 1000G I bought (twice) from Brett, I had the idea to make a bagger out of it for the wife and I, but we both decided that a bagger wasn't "Us". Lol anyway I hung onto that silly little black box for a long time, moving it with me when we moved...I figured some day someone might need one. I finally chucked it out the other day after three or four years of hangin on to it..
            Never seen one before, and didn't figure id probably ever see one again. Now I have

Comment

Yep. This is my first larger bike. I just have to remember to jump in and give it a shot. Just like with my aircooled VWs.

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
              Really appreciate this comment Redman.

Ed

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                Believe it or not, I actually HAD that same little black box until I finally pitched it out while I've been going through all of my "stash". It, I believe, is a turn signal control box used with an aftermarket bags/fairing set up. Like a windjammer and the bags I used to have that were on DDaniels bike, (now Robert Bars I believe?)

Anyway the thing was in one of the bags and it was connected to the turn signals and brake lights that were built into the bags. Can't remember what brand those were... I don't know if it also did modulation as well. I never hooked it up as I never put the bags on. At one time when I picked the rig up with the 1000G I bought (twice) from Brett, I had the idea to make a bagger out of it for the wife and I, but we both decided that a bagger wasn't "Us". Lol anyway I hung onto that silly little black box for a long time, moving it with me when we moved...I figured some day someone might need one. I finally chucked it out the other day after three or four years of hangin on to it..
                Never seen one before, and didn't figure id probably ever see one again. Now I have
                Mystery solved. Funny how things works out...and thanks to GSR and riders posting questions--there is a connection. Love this place, man!

Yep. This is my first larger bike. I just have to remember to jump in and give it a shot. Just like with my aircooled VWs.
                The quirks only a REAL owner would know. Love this too!

Ed
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                X