Getting my soldered killswitch to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting my soldered killswitch to work

So I tested the other day with a fully charged and brand new battery, the bike turned over quite strong but my killswitch did not work. Now, since I am the type to not waste money I want to make it work. It has the 82 (OEM from my bike) 6-pin connection on it now from my previous endeavor.

Here are the Wire colors from the switch:
    Grn/yellow-Starter button
    Orange/white#1- starter button
    Solid Orange-Off/Run switch
    White/Orange#2- Off/run switch

Here's the wiring I connected so someone with much more knowledge can help me out:
    Wire from killswitch>OEM 6Pin connector

Grn/yellow>Grn/yellow bullet (I hope I got this one right )
    Orange/white#1 & #2> Orange/White #1(From the connector)
    Solid Orange>Orange/White #2(from the connector)

I really hope that all I have to do is switch the 2 orange and orange/white wires. I will try that anyways in the next couple days since this is all I have to work on for now.

Now, here is how the switch stands as I type:

Power goes from key switch to kill switch (likely the solid orange wire); then it "can" pass thru kill switch (likely an orange/white wire) to feed the starter button and also the ignition coils and ignitor.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Well, I have this weird feeling when I soldered the killswitch to the 6-pin I mixed up the 2 Orange/white wires on the connector and soldered the power (Solid orange, you were right ) to the wrong white/orange connector so I just switched them. I covered them in shrink tubing as well, so I hope my reasoning/reading of the wiring diagram is right

Edit: I re-read your post and it makes complete sense to me now. When I jumped it, I tested the spark plugs to see if it was getting spark and there was nothing there. So, I think I did the right thing. *Fingers crossed*

Comment

Working...
      X