Where do these wires go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do these wires go?

hmm so my running tail light isn't working but my brake light is. I checked my wire from the connecter in the middle where my battery is to the light itself and that wire is fine. But I'm not sure where the wire goes after that to get it's power. Headlight?

My turn signals also don't blink they just light up and stay on. I have the wiring diagram in front of me and I'm gonna run out and check wires this weekend but I wanted to know if there was a good place to start my check? My turn signals would work before, about two weeks ago. But my left turn started to stay on now and again but I'd turn it off. Give it a few seconds and it would start blinking again. I was thinking this is my switch going bad but I'm just not convincing myself that makes sense... Now both lights simply stay on. No blinking at all.

Disregard the turn signal question, bad relay. Just figured it out by the ever helpful bikecliff site. =D, still trying to figure out my running light though....
    Last edited by Guest; 02-15-2013, 09:58 PM.

Hi,

It sounds like the flasher unit is going bad. I replaced mine with an off-the-shelf part because it was cheaper, documented on my little website. Sometimes you can fit a little 2-prong can flasher in the stock 3-prong socket but you will lose any "auto cancel" feature you may have had.

The "running light" part of your tail light is on a "switched" circuit. This means it lights up when you turn on the ignition switch. According the the diagram it uses a brown wire coming from the ignition switch. There is also an open brown wire connection in the headlight bucket. Turn on the ignition switch and check the voltage on the brown wire in the headlight bucket.

GS750 (16-valve) Color Wiring Diagram

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
    Last edited by Guest; 02-15-2013, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Low electrical power can make the turn signals not blink.
      sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
      X