Need help with RR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with RR?

I have a typanium RR it think it was on a GS 1000 I pulled it off and swapped some original R&R on it. Im trying to convert a 1978 6v Suzuki ts 250 to 12v I have a 2 wire regulator coming but was wondering if I need to replace the recitifier too. I read on another forum to just add the regulator into the lighting system and swap out all 6v bulbs. My regulator/recitifier is by typanium corp it has 3 yellow wires and a black wire that I thought was connected to the negative side of the battery would anyone be able to tell me if this is a combo or one or the other. any thoughts or ideas Im confused about how to connect this Im thinking connect the 3 yellows to the wires coming from the stator, then the black to the battery(not sure about what side and Im not sure what to do with the wires that were suppose to connect to the stator wires. ???? HELP Thanks

Your 250 very likely had a dual magneto setup- one for ignition and one for lighting. As such it produced single phase outputs in 6 volt range. A regulator designed for a gs **** looks for 3 phase output, so it won't work. It's possible to up magneto output to 12 volt range (and use a 12 volt regulator - designed for single phase) , but why??? If it's just for headlight improvement, there are other simple paths.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
    X