Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What're the Basics When Removing Electrical When Stripping Unwanted Components?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What're the Basics When Removing Electrical When Stripping Unwanted Components?

I always ask the dumb questions, I appreciate everyone who's so gracious in giving simple advice so that I don't do something terribly wrong.

Basically what I'm doing is installing this...

...it's gonna clean it up nicely but I know when I get into it, there'll be left over wiring from the 1-5 gear indicator lights and other miscellaneous. So, is it necessary to follow every unwanted wire and remove it in its entirety, or can you simply disconnect it?

Thanks again,

Nate

A lot of it depends on your level of OCD.

If you don't mind it hanging there, just disconnect it and tie it back, out of the way.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Haha, after this riding season, chances are I'll go back and satisfy some ignored compulsions...but I'm glad to know I can just tie um back, that's what I'd of done anyway. So life wires won't start arcing to the frame or anything crazy huh?

Comment

If you're stripping stock parts off that 650 e, let me know what you have for sale.
        Im keeping mine all original and want to upgrade any parts I can with those of better condition.
        Pm anytime.

Comment

Working...
        X