82 450L left side switch interchange.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 450L left side switch interchange.

As some may know I have an 82 Gs450l. I have bought two switches off EBay and neither one will work for me. The first one had two plugs on the end one blue and one white. The other swtch one had one blue plug but the horn button was gone. I tried to make one out of the two, but the inside of it was junk. The tiny spring was broke and the contacts looked like it had sat underwater for years. What year(s)and model(s) switch(s)will work on this bike with out modifying the plug?? And is the headlight a 7"? I found a sealed beam like my original on JC Whitney for $30.00.

Thanks everyone for the help!! If I can get the switch figured out and a headlamp, I am damn close to riding!! ( as long as I wired the stator and r/r correctly!)

My new r/r only has 5 wires. I went all 3-yellow to yellow, 1-red to red, and black is going to battery. I hope I read the stator papers schematic correct!

Well, 30 year old ebay switches are always suspect. I'd take your original headlight to auto part stores and compare, before sending JC Whitney any money.
    What R/R did you get? and hopefully you did absorb the stator papers, especially the stuff about testing after any updates.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
    X