LED relay for indicator/blinkers - GSX750E 1981 mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED relay for indicator/blinkers - GSX750E 1981 mod

I have bought led indicators and relay for my bike. I have used this on many bikes before. But on this bike, there is only 2 connectors. My relay has 3.

Any idea on how to connect, or do I have to use another type of relay?

You will have to look at your new relay, but I believe that one connection will be for power in, another connection for flashing power out (these are the two that are already on your bike) and the third one will be for a ground. If the terminals on your new relay are next to each other, you can plug your stock connector to them (assuming the polarity is correct) and hook up a groundn wire with a spade connector to the third terminal.

The orange/green wire will be your power in, the light blue will be your flashing power out.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I'm thinking of buying this relay from my local autostore:

Am I right in assuming that:
      B=battery
      E=earth
      L=load or flasher out

This relay will work as long as I connect a ground wire to the third pin of the relay?

Comment

This looks similar look at item #2 on page -back up for info overload

Fix hyperflash or bulb-out notifications on your motorcycle with our wide range of flasher relays and load resistors. Shop LED vehicle lighting supplies here!
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

this might help a bit...

Comment

Working...
          X