81 GS1100 advance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 GS1100 advance?

Does the 81 GS1100 have a mechanical advance at the trigger, or is it controlled by the ignition box? If so, will the GS1000 mechanical advance work with the Dyna S?

I haven't looked yet, and just thought I'd get a heads up.

Why don't you pull off signal generator cover and take a peek! If you can grab the protruding rotor and twist it slighty, you got mechanical advance ;or just look for some springs lurking behind the plate.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

The two mechanical advancers have different amount of advance, the GS1000 having more advance IIRC. The 4 valve likes less advance, the 2 valve needs more advance. Using the 1000 advancer would give too much timing and lead to ping and/or melted pistons

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
        Why don't you pull off signal generator cover and take a peek! If you can grab the protruding rotor and twist it slighty, you got mechanical advance ;or just look for some springs lurking behind the plate.
        I will this weekend, I just been putting in a lot of hours and have not had a chance to get at it, so I asked.

Comment

Working...
        X