Is this really an AGM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this really an AGM

AGM-Glass Mat battery? I still have to fill it with acid apparently. It was cheap $25 so I cant complain.

I had to fill my AGM. Has worked perfectly for almost three years now.

Comment

Good deal. Mine cost quite a bit more from Advance Auto Parts. No fill required, ready to use right off the shelf.

Comment

Yes it is an AGM and it should have came with a pre measured acid pack seperatley.So it gets the exact amount.When filling it your self one common mistake is to not let the acid absorb completly into the plates,mats,etc.before sealing it off with the cap that came with the acid pack.It needs to be left open for an hour or longer depending on temp,humidity etc.to fully absorb into the mats.Hence "Absorbed" Glass Mat.The mats should just look moist if fully absorbed and at times a little acid will be seen around the plates but for the most part gone. When capping it off too soon it stops that absorbsion that's needed and when the battery is in service reaching the gassing voltage etc. it can push out the (excess unabsorbed)acid through the venting system incorporated into the battery case getting all over the battery box,swingarm,chain, etc.you get the idea it SUCKS.Here is a little reading on the subject that seemed to cover alota good points if interested. www.yuasabatteries.com/motor_battery.php
        sigpic 82 gs1100ez 1168 Wiseco,Web .348 Cams,Falicon Sprockets,Star Racing Ported Head,1mm o/s Stainless Valves,APE Springs,Bronze Guides,etc.APE Billet Tensioner,36CV Carbs,Stage 3 Dynojet,Plenum w/K&N filter,Trued,Welded,Balanced,Crank w/Katana rods & Billet left end, FBG backcut trans, VHR HD Clutch basket,APE nut,VHR High volume oil pump gears,1150 Oil cooler,V&H Megaphone header w/Competition baffle,Dyna S,Coils,Wires,etc.Other misc.mods.

Comment

Originally posted by stiksave View Post
          Good deal. Mine cost quite a bit more from Advance Auto Parts. No fill required, ready to use right off the shelf.
          Actually they were on sale and it cost $25 with free shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by gs11ezrydr View Post
            Yes it is an AGM and it should have came with a pre measured acid pack seperatley.So it gets the exact amount.When filling it your self one common mistake is to not let the acid absorb completly into the plates,mats,etc.before sealing it off with the cap that came with the acid pack.It needs to be left open for an hour or longer depending on temp,humidity etc.to fully absorb into the mats.Hence "Absorbed" Glass Mat.The mats should just look moist if fully absorbed and at times a little acid will be seen around the plates but for the most part gone. When capping it off too soon it stops that absorbsion that's needed and when the battery is in service reaching the gassing voltage etc. it can push out the (excess unabsorbed)acid through the venting system incorporated into the battery case getting all over the battery box,swingarm,chain, etc.you get the idea it SUCKS.Here is a little reading on the subject that seemed to cover alota good points if interested. www.yuasabatteries.com/motor_battery.php
            Thanks I'll have to do some reading. When I saw the acid packs I was not sure what I had and the documentation did not clearly indicate the type of battery.

Comment

Working...
            X