Ltihium batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ltihium batteries

Whats the brand names of those tiny lithium batteries? I was thinking that one of those would be nice for the next round of replacements.

Seeing they are so small, I was also thinking the extra space in the battery box could be used for extra tools such as a adjustable wrench or "something extra" if I needed.

Anyone have one thats rated for the GS 1000? Whats your critique of them?
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

I've heard they are finicky and not 100% proven yet. Price is starting to come down on them so It might be worth trying one for the heck of it. I've read the lithium's don't work well at all in colder temps and often the bike will need to be turned on and let the lights run for a minute before trying to crank. I hear they don't crank motors very reliably in the cold. I've also seen a few melt if there is any type of voltage spike. They only like a constant consistent charge... Probably good to add some extra electric storage if you use allot of accessories or what not...
    I'd recommend a gel or glass matte before a lithium. They just are tons more reliable and have those cold cranking amps when you need them on brisk mornings...
    Jedz Moto
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2002 Honda Reflex 250
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120
    2023 Triumph Scrambler 1200XE
    Cages: '18 Subaru OB wagon 3.6R and '16 Mazda 3
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

i got a Ballistic 8 cell in my GS. works fine, charges well, massive cranking power.
      not had a single issue with it so far,(apart from the price, but its worth it)
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I let mine bleed down before I ever had a chance to take it on a trip. Battery died. I had just modified a battery box for the smaller form factor and realized I would have been stranded had the same thing happened on the road and I could not get an easy replacement; it is not like everybody carries them. I just bought a cheap glass mat battery.

Comment

I let mine bleed down before I ever had a chance to take it on a trip. Battery died. I had just modified a battery box for the smaller form factor and realized I would have been stranded had the same thing happened on the road and I could not get an easy replacement; it is not like everybody carries them. I just bought a cheap glass mat battery. I guess for around town it is ok but on a road trip????

Comment

I've had a Shorai Lithium-Iron battery for a while now. I've had zero issues with it (knock on wood) and actually really like it.

Yes, it's a little slow to crank when it's cold outside, and yes, the price is a little prohibitive. But I think for the space saved on the bike, the fact that it weighs 1/10th the original battery, and that theoretically I should be able to store the bike all winter without a charger makes up for it.

Comment

The guys really like the Shorai on the Busa forum. Personally, I'm sticking with AGM for half the price. The lithium battery is great if you want to hide your battery for the cafe look.

Comment

I just got a new AGM sealed battery from Battery Mart, 71.00 which included shipping. Battery is marked CCA 220A. Not bad for the money when a cheapo add the acid battery from walmart or other type store will cost 45.00. Time will tell how this battery performs, but should be fine.

Comment

Working...
                X