Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1978 GS750 EN Regulator Questio

Hey All

I just got an ElectroSport Reg/Rect combo. It has 5 wires. 3 Yellow, 1 red, one black. Now I know the black is ground. I believe the red should be the ignition. Now, the 3 yellows? I know that the bike has a seperate regulator from the rectifier right now. Do I need to splice somewhere, or do I do away with some of the wiring. I do know that a honda reg/rect has 6 leads.

Am I missing the big picture here? Not sure how to wire this thing. By the way, it didn't come with directions...LOL

yellow go to the three stator wires.
    Red goes to the battery.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Roger That.....So the red goes directly to the positive post?

Comment

Originally posted by Lonerider7722 View Post
        Roger That.....So the red goes directly to the positive post?
        More likely red will go wherever the red on the old seperate regulator went- probably into harness. If you want to go direct to battery, make sure you use an inline fuse of 25 amps.
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Just so you know, in the ElectroSport stator failure threads that I have read, it turns out to have been their R/R causing the failures. Their stator is fine, I'm happy with the one in my bike but the R/R is no better than the Suzuki R/R's. Just keep an eye on it for signs of overcharging or anything abnormal. I would do a monthly check for proper charging and before any long rides. With the separate regulator and rectifier system, the yellow and white/blue wires from the stator were doubled to go to the separate regulator and rectifier (5 wires), so one of each of those like colored wires from the stator can be abandoned and consider the three wires left to be yellow to match the new R/R.
          Last edited by OldVet66; 06-08-2013, 09:58 PM.
          http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Working...
          X