Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2001 GSXR 750 electrical parts-will they fit my 84 gsx400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2001 GSXR 750 electrical parts-will they fit my 84 gsx400?

I can get for cheap the rectifier,starter relay and other bits.
    wanted to know i'll be able to use them on my bike and are they better then the originals. i want to use a lithium battery and if i recall the original RR is not good for that (plus all other known issues)

Thanks
    Eran

As far as I know the 2001 gsxr 750 uses an alternator (with a builtin R/R), while I imagine the 400 uses a different charging layout like most early 80's suzukis.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

i would be shocked if they were compatible.

Comment

From looking at the fisch and images on the net it looks like a seperate R/R and coils just like other Suzuki's.

Comment

Originally posted by eran_k View Post
          From looking at the fisch and images on the net it looks like a seperate R/R and coils just like other Suzuki's.
          If it's NOT the 2001 katana gsxr 750, you are right, so the R/R should work. I foolishly assumed that both 750 models used a alternator.
          Last edited by tom203; 06-11-2013, 11:19 AM. Reason: typo
          1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

will it be better then the stock one,and more friendly to the stator?

Comment

A mate at work has a 2006 GSXR750 and he replaced his R/R with another Suzuki one... still has 5 pins just like our old stockers.

I'd still be getting a Shindengen 6 wire one if I were you... SH-532's can be had at very good prices.
              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
              X