LED's on an 1150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED's on an 1150

My 1150 is a 28 year old bike and the rear light stalks were dried out and cracking, really taped together. Well one broke and I decided to put LED's on. Came here, searched and read all I could. Got the right flasher & the right LED's but I couldn't get them to work. Other models and other years apparently don't match color schemes on the wires too well. Went through the schematic and found I was trying to put the Load connector to the TSCU control wire. Tested everything on the bench and we had flashers!

There were 3 wires going into the old flasher unit; Orange/Green, Lightblue & Black/Blue. For my bike the flasher gets wired like in the picture; O/G goes to the "B" terminal, Lbl goes to the "L" terminal, B/Bl is not used and the "E" terminal on the flasher goes to ground. I unplugged the TSCU (Turn Signal Control Unit) since it's not being used anymore and taped it's connector back to the harness.

Here's the switch mounted up where the TCSU used to be (a lot better than under the tank where it was before!).

A picture of one of the LED's mounted in the rear. I just oversized the holes from the old stalk lights.

Here's my helper:

And some video to get an idea of how bright the lights are.
    http://youtu.be/vht4ZglKgaw
Working...
X