Installing the ElectroSport Stator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing the ElectroSport Stator

I am a little overwhelmed with the wiring explanations with the new stator from ElectroSport...The tech guide talks about two wires being unregulated...then it says to take the white/green wire and hook it directly to the R/R. Does anyone have any photos of how they hooked theirs up? I am a little trepidatious about screwing it up...Any help would be appreciated...

Basscliff has it all

The 3 stator wires just go direct to R/R - don't worry about color on the stator output connections, cuz it doesn't matter. But I have to ask what R/R are you using???? Hopefully it ain't either the stock suzuki or an ES one.

Do your stator a big favor and consider a upgrade to either the Compufire or the Shindengen SH775 when you install your new stator.
    Last edited by tom203; 06-20-2013, 05:40 PM.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Unfortunately I have and ES R/R...Should I resell it? Do I just run new wires to the R/R and by pass the wiring harness?...What about the two extra blue/white wires on the stator? There are five wires coming out of the new stator, Two yellow and one Green/White...I am assuming I just use the two yellow and the one Green/White...

Comment

Originally posted by Meriban View Post
        Unfortunately I have and ES R/R...Should I resell it? Do I just run new wires to the R/R and by pass the wiring harness?...What about the two extra blue/white wires on the stator? There are five wires coming out of the new stator, Two yellow and one Green/White...I am assuming I just use the two yellow and the one Green/White...
        Huh? 5 wires? My stator only had 3 wires, pics please. Yeah, ditch the stock R/R and install one of the series type R/Rs ie. Compufire or the Shindengen SH775. You'll be much better off in the long run.
        Last edited by mrbill5491; 06-20-2013, 05:50 PM.
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Not sure how to send you the photo.

Comment

Giving it a shot

I am attempting to show the photo[/URL][/IMG]

Comment

The simple way to attach a photo to a post is with the "paperclip" doohicky in border at top of box that you're typing in. Once you have a pic in your computer, just browse to it and add it to your post.
              Not sure what ES is doing with 5 wires out of stator- unless stator has multiple applications- so instructions should be real clear as to which wires go where. You definitely want stator wired direct to R/R, so bypass the headlight loop.
              1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
                Basscliff has it all

The 3 stator wires just go direct to R/R - don't worry about color on the stator output connections, cuz it doesn't matter. But I have to ask what R/R are you using???? Hopefully it ain't either the stock suzuki or an ES one.

Do your stator a big favor and consider a upgrade to either the Compufire or the Shindengen SH775 when you install your new stator.
                Ive been running th electrosport stator and r/r for a while now. Is the electrosport r/r prone to faiure?
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I got an email response

ElectroSport Sent me an email and said...The Yellow, Blue/White and Green/White wires are the ones to be connected to the Yellow R/R wires
                  Just cut and stub out the other yellow and Blue/White wires

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                    Ive been running th electrosport stator and r/r for a while now. Is the electrosport r/r prone to faiure?
                    Yes. that was my last burn out was Electrosport. The R/R was a shunt type and we all know shunt is crap lol. I did install a new Electrosport stator though with a Compufire series R/R. The series R/R is the trick. My Electrosport stator was only a 3 wire, that's why I was taken back with the 5 wire stator. Wonder what the other wires were for...
                    Last edited by mrbill5491; 06-21-2013, 10:23 AM.
                    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

I don't think I will install the ElectroSport R/R..I don't want to mess with any electrical issues when I put it back together...It is a new R/R, wonder if I could resell it on Ebay?

Comment

I went to compufire and I didn't see an R/R for my bike? which one did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by Meriban View Post
                          I went to compufire and I didn't see an R/R for my bike? which one did you use?
                          See the link in my signature; there is only one 3 phase series R/R from Compufire that will work.

Number:CF55402
                          Manufacturer:Compu-Fire®
                          Weight:1.50 pound(s)
                          In Stock:0*
                          List Price:$203.99
                          Our Price:$173.39
                          You Save:$30.60 (15%)*

If you cant afford the $175 then try the SH-775 Polaris. Do a search for current availability

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                            Unfortunately the Electrosport R/R is really not much better than any of the R/R's except the oldest ones that only regulate one stator leg.

If you have a smaller cc bike, it might work for you if you insure that all the connections are go. Run a Quick Test to conform basic operation then if you pass proceed to Revised Phase A.

EDIT: I just check your signature you have nothing but big bikes. I would definitely get a Series R/R (Compufire or SH-775 ASAP). The Electrosport stators put out more power in the lower RPM range where cooling is less effective and they can burn quickly.
                            Last edited by posplayr; 06-21-2013, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Hi...I installed probably the same Electrosport 5-wire stator along with a Compufire 55402 3-phase R/R...can be had through Amazon for about $175...not cheap but absolutely the best way to go...fyi, because the Compufire comes with a special fitting, I went to Pep Boys and got the matching fitting. Sorry, can't remember the exact "name" but you will recognize it when you see it in the wiring section.

Comment

Working...
                              X