Installing the ElectroSport Stator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrbill5491 View Post
    Yes. that was my last burn out was Electrosport. The R/R was a shunt type and we all know shunt is crap lol. I did install a new Electrosport stator though with a Compufire series R/R. The series R/R is the trick. My Electrosport stator was only a 3 wire, that's why I was taken back with the 5 wire stator. Wonder what the other wires were for...
    I saw a new stator recently that had 5 wires, but when you pealed back the wire cover eventually you could see there were really only 3 wires with the other two piggy backed on. Look carefully at the wire as it comes off teh stator; should only be 3 wires.

Comment

Originally posted by Meriban View Post
      I am attempting to show the photo

You just need to be more careful with using the Image tool.

1.) Click into a empty spot in your post.
      2.) copy the image link
      3.) click on the Image icon
      4.( replace the entire URL with the one you copied into the buffer.
      5.) Hit OK
      6.) hit return back in the post edit window.
      Last edited by posplayr; 06-21-2013, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
        Unfortunately the Electrosport R/R is really not much better than any of the R/R's except the oldest ones that only regulate one stator leg.

If you have a smaller cc bike, it might work for you if you insure that all the connections are go. Run a Quick Test to conform basic operation then if you pass proceed to Revised Phase A.

EDIT: I just check your signature you have nothing but big bikes. I would definitely get a Series R/R (Compufire or SH-775 ASAP). The Electrosport stators put out more power in the lower RPM range where cooling is less effective and they can burn quickly.
        Thanks for the heads up. i installed the Electrosport about 5 years ago, long before i was hooked on this site. Sadly i only have been averaging about 1000 miles a year lately (kids, work ,the usual song) possibly delaying its failure. I will be researching old posts to learn more...
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

I will definitely purchase the Compu Fire as you all suggest...The stator wires are just as posplayr suggested...They were pigtailed together the blue and the yellows...I just cut them and dead ended them with some tape....I will order it today...Got the valve covers pulled, the carbs off and most of the rewiring done...I almost have all, new connections on that bike...There were a lot of iffy connections...

what do I do with the red wire that was in the plug block...along with the three wires which go to the Stator?
          Last edited by Guest; 06-21-2013, 08:58 PM. Reason: forgot to add so

Comment

Working...
          X