Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED instrument bulb replacemenr?

Hi,

Over that last two weeks, light bulbs for speed and fuel gauge blew. Replaced them this weekend with standard replacement. Came across LED substitutes that claim to be brighter and lower power consumption. Any one tried them?

Originally posted by pmong View Post
    Hi,

Over that last two weeks, light bulbs for speed and fuel gauge blew. Replaced them this weekend with standard replacement. Came across LED substitutes that claim to be brighter and lower power consumption. Any one tried them?
    I haven't replaced the instrument bulbs (yet), but most of the the other lighting on my bike is LED. For me, they've worked fine.

Comment

this may help you........

1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

The only place you might have difficulty is addressed in the link that Agemax gave you.

Sorry, but typical of SO many posts, WHAT BIKE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???
        This was very eloquently stated by bwringer some time ago: "Although the GSR hive mind is omniscient (and almost omnipotent), we are not yet clairvoyant."

If your bike has an indicator bulb on the instrument panel for each side of the turn signals, you will not have to do any modification.
        If you have a single bulb to show both sides, you will have to do the modification.

However, the FIRST thing that would be nice to modify is your signature. Please add a short signature that is as simple as " Current ride: blah, blah, blah". That way, you won't have to remember to mention it every time you ask a question.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by pmong View Post
          Hi,

Another question - have you checked your charging system? Light bulbs suddenly blowing out could indicate an over-voltage condition

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            The only place you might have difficulty is addressed in the link that Agemax gave you.

If your bike has an indicator bulb on the instrument panel for each side of the turn signals, you will not have to do any modification.
            If you have a single bulb to show both sides, you will have to do the modification.

However, the FIRST thing that would be nice to modify is your signature. Please add a short signature that is as simple as " Current ride: blah, blah, blah". That way, you won't have to remember to mention it every time you ask a question.

Thanks to you and Agemax. Updated my signature.

Comment

Originally posted by 850GT_Rider View Post
              Another question - have you checked your charging system? Light bulbs suddenly blowing out could indicate an over-voltage condition
              Will check. Put in a heavy duty Honda RR last year. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X