Grounding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grounding

Is it an ok idea to ground everything to the battery or what?

It is very important that you have a very sound connection to the frame. Good negative/ground is extremely important in a DC system. As long as everything is made together it should work.

I like a central spot on the frame where all the grounds come to. I drilled a hole through the cross member where the back of the tank rests, cleaned the paint from around it, installed a 1/4" stud and used crimp-on eyes that I solder after crimping to the various conductors, finish it off with a nylock nut. No doubt its good

Comment

Originally posted by whenpigsfly514 View Post
      Is it an ok idea to ground everything to the battery or what?
      You had to ask?

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

Comment

Originally posted by matt1100 View Post
        It is very important that you have a very sound connection to the frame. Good negative/ground is extremely important in a DC system. As long as everything is made together it should work.

I like a central spot on the frame where all the grounds come to. I drilled a hole through the cross member where the back of the tank rests, cleaned the paint from around it, installed a 1/4" stud and used crimp-on eyes that I solder after crimping to the various conductors, finish it off with a nylock nut. No doubt its good
        This is something that I was actually planning to do.

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
        The search feature on this forum is very hit or miss at times. Buttttt, thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X