1983 GS1100E Side stand Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 GS1100E Side stand Switch

My 83 will not shut off when I put it in gear with the side stand down. The light on the dash works correctly but isn't it supposed to shut off when I put it in gear with the side stand down? I've forgotten two times and scared myself.

Art

Only a warning light that your side stand is down. Not automatic cutoff. You will probably only make that mistake once!

Comment

Thanks for your confidence in me.

Originally posted by thewiz View Post
      Only a warning light that your side stand is down. Not automatic cutoff. You will probably only make that mistake once!
      but I've already done it twice.

Comment

The older bikes didn't shut off just a warning light. You could possibly if you understand the electrics of your bike wire it so that it would, but you would be better off to wire it so that it dies with the stand down and in gear
        1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
        80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
        1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
        83 gs750ed- first new purchase
        85 EX500- vintage track weapon
        1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
        “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
        If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

You could possibly put it in neutral and turn it off with the key. That's how most of us do it.

Or, if that's too much trouble and you'd rather leave it in gear, just hit the kill switch on the right handlebar control.
          sigpic
          Steve
          "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

Working...
          X