Accel 8mm suppression wires on Dyna S green coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accel 8mm suppression wires on Dyna S green coils

I recently purchased Dyna S 3 ohm green coils for my 81 850L. For the wires, I bought the Accel 4041 8mm suppression wire kit (ordered Dyna wires but were for twin). A few issues I'm having:

• First, the Accel wires came with factory 90's for the plugs. While the fit the inner cylinders, I am forced to route them through the upper portion of the engine, possibly getting too hot or in a bind. I am thinking of buying straight ends to replace these. Thoughts?
    • Second, I don't have the Accel crimpers so while trying to use channel locks to secure the metal fastener coil insert, they will not crimp down enough to insert and click securely into the Dyna coil plug as they should. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Accel 4041 kit I bought:
    Last edited by Guest; 07-22-2013, 07:29 PM.

picture of the boot ends supplied with the wire kit. gold fastener ultimately would insert into Dyna S coil.

Comment

Harbor Freight sells a crimping too that works well. You have to have a good crimp.

Comment

Originally posted by Badooka View Post
        Harbor Freight sells a crimping too that works well. You have to have a good crimp.
        Good to know. I'll check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by GSOH View Post
          Good to know. I'll check it out.
          Less than 10 bucks, the ACCEL tool was close to 50 when I checked.

Comment

You know the Dyna 8mm suppression wires are only $17.00 for a set and have straight ends. http://www.z1enterprises.com/ShopByC...01010405030307
            '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

You need to crimp the Dyna ones too... I did it in two stages with a pair of long nose pliers & a pair of conventional pliers. Worked fine.
              1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by GSOH View Post
                I recently purchased Dyna S 3 ohm green coils for my 81 850L. For the wires, I bought the Accel 4041 8mm suppression wire kit (ordered Dyna wires but were for twin). A few issues I'm having:

• First, the Accel wires came with factory 90's for the plugs. While the fit the inner cylinders, I am forced to route them through the upper portion of the engine, possibly getting too hot or in a bind. I am thinking of buying straight ends to replace these. Thoughts?
                • Second, I don't have the Accel crimpers so while trying to use channel locks to secure the metal fastener coil insert, they will not crimp down enough to insert and click securely into the Dyna coil plug as they should. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Accel 4041 kit I bought:
                http://www.jegs.com/i/Accel/110/4041/10002/-1
                Not sure why you bought that kit with the 90 degree boots, they do have straight boots as well. You could of have bought two of the replacements kits. Enough there in one kit to make two wires. You can also buy a roll of ACCEL wire and make your own.
                sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
                X