My son's first ride was a bust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell us more what you find.

How did you decide your 10 year old was ready for ride?
    My criteria (for kid to ride on back) was that kid had to be big enough to hold on and have legs long enough to stand up on pegs (not just touch them with his toes). Good that you had some parking lot instructions first.

Replaced the fuse and she purrs like it was 1983.

I decided my son was ready when, like you Redman, he could comfortably reach the pegs, he was strong enough to hold on during hard acceleration and when I felt he was able to listen to instructions.
    I'm using a passenger riding belt with him so that he has a good grip with both hands and he can sit comfortably on the bike.
    He has only fallen off twice so, not bad I guess

Comment

Originally posted by fritalian View Post
      Replaced the fuse and she purrs like it was 1983..
      Hum.
      THe picture of the fuse looks like it blew due to an overload or dead short. Does not look like it just because the fuse itself failed because of fatigue.
      So, I suspect it is going to happen again. Maybe rarely or maybe with increasing occurances.
      Carry some spare 15s with you.
      One way to trouble shoot this is to wiggle around wiring harness until it happens and then look in more detail at what you were wiggling.

But good to hear you are back on the road.

Originally posted by fritalian View Post
      He has only fallen off twice so, not bad I guess
      I assume the happy face means you are jokeing.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
        Hum.

I assume the happy face means you are jokeing.

Yes, absolutely.

Comment

You can remove the stator and the R/R and the bike will run just fine while the battery has a charge. They are unrelated to running problems UNLESS the battery was allowed to run down due to faulty charging.

A bad R/R CAN cause overcharging and too high of voltage which will smoke parts, but it is not directly related to providing spark or starting.
          sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
          X