Where are you guys buying stators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are you guys buying stators?

I did a search but I am brutal at using the search function for some reason.
    Need a new stator for my 83 gs1100ed
    Suggestions?

Thanks,

Trevor
    No signature :(

Originally posted by trevor View Post
    I did a search but I am brutal at using the search function for some reason.
    Need a new stator for my 83 gs1100ed
    Suggestions?

Thanks,

Trevor
    Electrosport if and only if you do a series R/R.

Comment

http://www.electrosport.com/street-b...tml?pt=stators For the stator and Compufire for the regulator/rectifier a bit pricey though. Polaris has a series type R/R that is priced right and works the same way for less $$ http://www.compufire.com/
      Last edited by gs11ezrydr; 08-05-2013, 04:48 AM.
      sigpic 82 gs1100ez 1168 Wiseco,Web .348 Cams,Falicon Sprockets,Star Racing Ported Head,1mm o/s Stainless Valves,APE Springs,Bronze Guides,etc.APE Billet Tensioner,36CV Carbs,Stage 3 Dynojet,Plenum w/K&N filter,Trued,Welded,Balanced,Crank w/Katana rods & Billet left end, FBG backcut trans, VHR HD Clutch basket,APE nut,VHR High volume oil pump gears,1150 Oil cooler,V&H Megaphone header w/Competition baffle,Dyna S,Coils,Wires,etc.Other misc.mods.

Comment

If you know your model, it's very hard to beat Amazon.com on price.

Comment

Last time I looked the Caltric stators on ebay were going for $60 shipped.
          1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Thanks for the help guys...just bought one from Electrosport.

Comment

That bike's been nothing but trouble. You should sell it !! { to me }
              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time1983 GS 750
              https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4256/3...8bf549ee_t.jpghttps://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4196/3...cab9f62d_t.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by gs11ezrydr View Post
                http://www.electrosport.com/street-b...tml?pt=stators For the stator and Compufire for the regulator/rectifier a bit pricey though. Polaris has a series type R/R that is priced right and works the same way for less $$ http://www.compufire.com/
                Pricing is closer to $155 shipped

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                  That bike's been nothing but trouble. You should sell it !! { to me }
                  Lol..you are right Garth. Of course the guy said when I bought it..."Bike needs nothing".

New tires
                  Chain and sprockets
                  stator
                  R/R
                  V&H 4-1
                  Dyno jet kit
                  Battery

Yep, didn't need a thing, just a rider.

Comment

What do you mean by "series" R/R? Do you mean the newer types that use MOSFETs?

Comment

Originally posted by bwanna View Post
                      Go up a few posts to silverbullet's query on same topic.
                      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I really like my Ricks Electrics stator.

Comment

Originally posted by bwanna View Post
                          No, the MOSFET regulators are still the old-style "shunt" regulators, they just use better transistors to do the switching.

The "series" style regulators do not divert the entire output of the stator to ground when the voltage gets too high, they simply open up the connection to "turn off" the stator. The stator is not constantly putting out all it can, all the time, so it enjoys a better life, runs cooler and lasts longer.

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
                          Go up a few posts to silverbullet's query on same topic.
                          Might be "up a few posts" when you posted this, but the order changes constantly.

Better to look up any of posplayr's posts and read the info in the links in his signature.

sigpic
                          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride
                          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Toasty View Post
                            I really like my Ricks Electrics stator.
                            Show it how much you like it by surprising it with a series R/R! (If you haven't already.)
                            1981 gs650L

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
                              Show it how much you like it by surprising it with a series R/R! (If you haven't already.)
                              I have a Compufire that keeps it company .

Comment

Working...
                              X