No announcement yet.

New remote ignition/start installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I prefer a simple toggle switch. Click on, click off.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

yes you are correct, the remote will power up the bike, regardless of kill switch position, but you cannot start it if the kill switch is off, or the bike is not in neutral.
      1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
        yes you are correct, the remote will power up the bike, regardless of kill switch position, but you cannot start it if the kill switch is off, or the bike is not in neutral.
        Sorry it is clearer now; so what was the mechanical relay for? The remote will drive 5 Amps per circuit.

Comment

the remote relays can be set to either momentary or latching, all of them at the same time, not individually. i have set them to momentary action.
          the mechanical latching relay is so that a 12v pulse will activate the ignition switch circuit and stay on until it is pulsed again to switch it off. therefore the starter button relay is still momentary action, so the starter will spin as long as i keep my finger on the button.the starter motor will still turn using the original starter button if desired.

the relays in the system are rated at 5A at 230vac, the guy at the tech help centre states they will cope with 22A at 12vdc. which is easily enough to cope with all the circuits on the bike (individually)
          1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
            the remote relays can be set to either momentary or latching, all of them at the same time, not individually. i have set them to momentary action.
            the mechanical latching relay is so that a 12v pulse will activate the ignition switch circuit and stay on until it is pulsed again to switch it off. therefore the starter button relay is still momentary action, so the starter will spin as long as i keep my finger on the button.the starter motor will still turn using the original starter button if desired.

the relays in the system are rated at 5A at 230vac, the guy at the tech help centre states they will cope with 22A at 12vdc. which is easily enough to cope with all the circuits on the bike (individually)

I wonder if they are using something similar to this one in the package. It has the same 5/230 VAC rating and similar form factor. The single pole models will drive 10Amps at 30VDC into a resistive load.

It is 29x13x35.5mm (LxWXH)

Comment

Working...
            X