1982 gs 750 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 gs 750 problem

i got the bike got it running but it wont rev over 2000 rpms and will bog and die any info on the problem

More info needed- stock airbox? stock exhaust? what maintenance has been done or is this a new-to-you bike? Have you discovered Basscliff's info warehouse?

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

stock 2 into 1 exhaust had no air box on it stock jets and new to me
      Last edited by Guest; 08-06-2013, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by django89 View Post
        stock 2 into 1 exhaust had no air box on it stock jets and new to me
        No airbox, as in no air filter setup at all??

Edit; probably best to stop here and move this problem to carb section forum as this ain't electrical problem
        Last edited by tom203; 08-06-2013, 04:19 PM. Reason: further thought
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

yea i had taken it off so i could get to the main jets to make sure they were clear

Comment

Stock jets won't work with no airbox and a non stock exhaust.
            sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

it has a stock exhaust i planned on running pod filters and rejetting but just wanted to see if the bike ran first before i did any work plans are a cafe racer

Comment

yea i had taken it off so i could get to the main jets to make sure they were clear
                Well, there is alot more to worry about then clear main jets. At 2k and light load, the bike is still running on its idle circuits. Best to assume your carbs need attention ( full cleaning) unless the PO was your best friend and convinced you that it ran perfectly.
                1981 gs650L

Comment

it has a stock exhaust i planned on running pod filters and rejetting but just wanted to see if the bike ran first before i did any work plans are a cafe racer
                  Fair enough, but best to get it running right with stock airbox and then let the pod fun begin!
                  1981 gs650L

Comment

what are you thinking i remember the rubber plugs in the bowls were pretty bad when i pulled one and let it sit for a little while it shrank and was to small to stay in

Comment

and i see alot of valve adjusment would that cause this

Comment

what are you thinking i remember the rubber plugs in the bowls were pretty bad when i pulled one and let it sit for a little while it shrank and was to small to stay in
                        At this time of day I seldom know what I am thinking, but I do know that those rubber plugs cover the pilot (aka slow) jets- the pilots are intentionly designed to be fed by a slot in main jet cavity. Yeah, they shrink when dried out but usually swell when gas hits them. And anyways the fuel bowl bottom holds them in place .
                        The stock CV carb setup was "tuned " to run with a slightly restrictive intake- they don't seem to enjoy running without their stock airbox unless you alter carb jetting.
                        1981 gs650L

Comment

Working...
                        X