Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Series (Mosfet) R/R $60 shipped NEW – SH775 and CompuFire alternate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
    And I appreciate it (the lead and your patience). With so many resources in these GSForum pages sometimes its not clear which information one should be absorbing and applying.

I've actually been to that topic but the testing procedure didn't click. Will review with a fresh outlook.
    1981 GS750L - Owned since 1990 when graduated high school and since have been discovering all the things not disclosed by seller.
    1983 GS750E - bought in 2016 as a rough runner to use while rebuilding 81L and then to combine with ES to make one good one
    1983 GS750ES - bought in Toronto in 2015 on a lark as a non-runner, missing front cowling and exhaust - If you have a 1983 750ES front cowling let me know! Blue would be nice

Comment

Originally posted by btbarb View Post
      The OEM Polaris part # is 4012941. Creative vendors are using the same part number so that when you Google search the part number you find 'em. The non OEM vendors may or may not be the proper part. I ordered OEM Polaris to make sure the part is real (series).

follow-up -

emailed RMStator and they replied that it is a MOSFET when I emailed again asking for confirmation that it is Series, they have not responded.

Since MOSFET specifies the switching rather than the voltage limiting, a MOSFET could be series or shunt (though it is a better shunt than OEM)

I am installing a CompuFire.
      1981 GS750L - Owned since 1990 when graduated high school and since have been discovering all the things not disclosed by seller.
      1983 GS750E - bought in 2016 as a rough runner to use while rebuilding 81L and then to combine with ES to make one good one
      1983 GS750ES - bought in Toronto in 2015 on a lark as a non-runner, missing front cowling and exhaust - If you have a 1983 750ES front cowling let me know! Blue would be nice

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Vanis View Post
        follow-up -

emailed RMStator and they replied that it is a MOSFET when I emailed again asking for confirmation that it is Series, they have not responded.

Since MOSFET specifies the switching rather than the voltage limiting, a MOSFET could be series or shunt (though it is a better shunt than OEM)

I am installing a CompuFire.
        Figures, doesn't matter how many time you ask a person that does know; you are still not going to get the correct answer.

Comment

Working...
        X