Keys for GSes cut by number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keys for GSes cut by number?

There is a listing in the services heading that is no longer valid for a guy who could cut keys by the number on the key. Does anybody know of anyone who can provide this service? I had gone to my local dealer a few years ago and had keys cut (the bike wasn't running yet, and I was there for parts, so I figured that getting a spare was a good idea. Of course, it DIDNT WORK!). Still need a spare!
    1979 GS 1000

A locksmith? A good locksmith that does automotive keys should be equipped to do a cut by code. Just have to make sure the code you give them is right. Are these keys with the number on them the original keys?

Comment

Originally posted by jknappsax View Post
      There is a listing in the services heading that is no longer valid for a guy who could cut keys by the number on the key. Does anybody know of anyone who can provide this service? I had gone to my local dealer a few years ago and had keys cut (the bike wasn't running yet, and I was there for parts, so I figured that getting a spare was a good idea. Of course, it DIDNT WORK!). Still need a spare!

What's the number? I have the key codes if anyone ever needs them.
      Last edited by Kiwi Canuck; 08-13-2013, 03:15 PM.
      2018 Honda Africa Twin AS
      2013 DR 650 Grey, sold 1981 GS 650E Silver,

1980 GS1000ST Blue & White, X2

2012 DL650 Vstrom Foxy Orange, in storage
      1981 CT110 X2 "Postie Bikes" Gone to a New Home.
      2002 BMW 1150 GS Blue & White - Sold
      1975 BMW R90/6 Black - Sold 1984 GS1150EF Sold
      1982 BMW R100 Africa trip, Stolen - Recovered- Sold
      1977-1980 Suzuki GS550, GS1000E, GS1000S GSX750, GSX1100,s
      Hondas ST90, CR125 CB175 , CB350 CB750, NSU Quickly, Yamaha RD's 350/400,

Comment

Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I know these guys can do it as well.

Specialties: Cal Coast Locksmith is a family-owned business managed by professionals who are Goleta natives and have 25 years of experience. Our current owner's parents started the business and he's been working with the family since graduating from college. Additionally, we enjoy giving customers peace of mind about their security and helping them get back into their vehicles, homes, and offices in a timely manner. To better serve our customers' needs, we aim to remain a leader in technology and techniques in the industry. Established in 1992. Carl & Charlotte Young along with their son Michael started the business after Carl and Michael had worked for another locksmith in the area for 5 years. They decided to take a shot at being the best locksmiths in the county by providing the best service at a reasonable price. Now that Michael has taken over the business he continues to stand by that philosophy. Michael has taken the business to the next level providing electronic access control and automotive transponders and everything in between.

Comment

any locksmith.
            1983 GS 1100 ESD :D

Comment

The problem with "any locksmith" is the right blank. But with the links above, I think it's good to go. Thanks much!
              1979 GS 1000

Comment

Alas, the blank problem persists

I ordered keys by number for my 1979 GS 1000, and though the cuts line up, the shaft is too short for our GSes, so these are a no go. Anybody have a spare 143 key they want to sell?
                1979 GS 1000

Comment

Working...
                X