Bike not firing on cylinders 1 and 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pdqford View Post
    I know what you are saying. I hate digging this stuff out if it isn't where the problem is. Thats why I asked:

"With KOEO how many volts at the coil connector?"
    My volt meter died on me. I need to go get a new one. What does KOEO mean?

Comment

Andy, please go start your own thread instead of piggy backing off this one...it makes it hard to know who people are really talking to.

Yoshisakan, go download a wiring diagram from Basscliff's site (http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff) and look through that. Also, what is the voltage at the coils? Have you gone through your wiring harness and made sure everything is still in one piece as necessary?
      Last edited by cowboyup3371; 08-18-2013, 04:59 PM.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by yoshisakan View Post
        What does KOEO mean?
        Sorry 'bout that
        KOEO means "Key On - Engine Off"

Comment

My DMM will be here tomorrow and then I will check the wires going to the coil.

I ordered a Klein M200 DMM. It has great reviews and seems to be the best meter available for under $50, for anyone in the market for one.

Comment

Anyone have advice on this?

Comment

Originally posted by yoshisakan View Post
              Anyone have advice on this?
              Firstly you need to include your bike/model/year in your signature; go to User CP (top left on this page)- this lets responders know what critter you are talking about at a glance. some of us have short memories

Head to Basscliff's for a wiring diagram- don't get overwhelmed, just focus on ignition circuit stuff, see Steve's simpify the wiring diagram in this link

You're going to test the voltage along the ignition circuit path. Best to read manual that came with DVM to fully grasp it.
              1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

updated. thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X