Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indicator problems, Not Flashing. And rear light stays on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator problems, Not Flashing. And rear light stays on.

Hey!
    I'm new to the forum, and am a first time bike owner, so i have a lot to learn. i recently bought a GS400 from '83 modded into a bobber. The engine runs great. But, when the battery is on, the rear light stays on, and the other problem is with the indicators. When i turn on the right indicator only the front one comes on and doesn't blink. When i put on the left one, Only the rear indicator comes on and again doesn't blink. I have heard 2 things, that it's a problem with the ground or a problem with the relay? Can anyone tell me if this is correct advice? Thanks in advance for any help.

P

That's the way the indicators act if one of the lamps is burned out. Sounds like you have a bad left front and right rear lamp to me. Did you check that yet?

The tail light could be ignition switch(keyed switch) related. When in the park position(if your bike has that) the tail light is on but nothing else is powered.

Comment

If your rear brakes are worn, the rear brake light switch will keep the brake light on.
      You probably need to replace the rear brake pads and then adjust the brake light switch.
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
      X