GS1100GK - G Rear turn signal mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100GK - G Rear turn signal mounts

Could someone post a clear picture of the mounts from an 82-83 1100 G rear turn signal? I have a GK, but without the bags, I would like to mount the rear turn signals. I have the triangle shaped plate, but the signals don't seem to mount to it correctly. I don't have a G near me to compare. If this is the right combination that I have then that's great. I just want to make sure they are secure when in G mode. Thanks for the help as always.

A look at any of the parts fiche should suffice. Parts #22 and 23.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

1100gk

Thank you for clarifying my question Steve. I have all of those parts. I have looked at the parts fiche. If you can find a picture of where it mounts to the bike I'd be very grateful. If you have a picture of what that rear assembly mounts to on the bike then I'd have the answer I'm looking for. This is a GK and I need to see how signals would mount to a G.

Does that assembly mount to the rear of the frame directly or to a plate attached to the frame? The PO used a bailing wire strapping setup that was not original to the bike so I do not have a reference point to refer to.

Comment

They go right at the end of the frame. Farthest right in this picture (from Boulevard Suzuki, who don't rebrand the Suzuki fiche as their own):

The round hole from the end of Steve's image aligns with the hole at the end of the frame tube. The shape of the 22-23 brackets wraps around the end of the frame tube and holds it straight. "Straight" being oriented so the square hole hangs below the frame and tail cowl.

If you had asked for an unusual way to mount them, Steve might have been able to provide a pic. It's not something that would get documented. I think he does have pics of a few non-standard ways.

Come to think of it, you might get a view of the standard mounting in one of the videos of Cliff testing LED bulbs on his 850.
        Dogma
        --
        O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
        '80 GS850 GLT
        '80 GS1000 GT
        '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

1100gk

Thank you Steve and Dogma. I will get those mounted in the correct position now. It's always the little things that get these projects done.

Comment

Working...
          X