Overly excited bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overly excited bike

I'm going through the wiring harness on my '81 GS750 replacing one wire at a time. I decided to start it to make sure everything works like it should. Now the bike idles incredibly high. I can still rev the engine to increase rpms. I'm at a loss. The throttle is fine and the idler screw has been backed all the way out. Any ideas?

so you've replaced every wire on the harness?
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Check for too tight a throttle cable, but it's also likely that you have air leak in intake. Look at the common issues in this link

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
        so you've replaced every wire on the harness?
        I'm working through it. The PO hacked the original harness to death. I tried but I couldn't avoid doing it.

Comment

Choke stuck open?
          Dogma
          --
          O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
          '80 GS850 GLT
          '80 GS1000 GT
          '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Working...
          X