Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no start diagnosis tonight, fun.

Hi all,

After fixing a cam-cover leak yesterday, my 1100 would not start this morning. No click, no nothing. Lights etc on, kill switch in run. I have a bit of diagnosis to do tonight, no time to look into it this morning. Must've jostled a wire or something putting the tank etc back on. Advice to new guys: don't buy a gs unless you like troubleshooting! It's always something.......

greg
    1983 GS 1100 ESD :D

Sounds like your electron bearings are shot. Or your starter fluid is low.

-Matt

Comment

weird, i JUST changed the starter fluid last week. I'll double check it, thanks!

greg
      1983 GS 1100 ESD :D

Comment

Originally posted by greg78gs750 View Post
        weird, i JUST changed the starter fluid last week. I'll double check it, thanks!

greg
        Well if you just checked the starter fluid last week there is no possible way it could be low. That would defy the laws of physics. More than likely it's your I fixed one thing and caused another valve. Very common on these old GS bikes.

Comment

Must've jostled a wire or something putting the tank etc back on
          This is almost certainly it. I did the same thing myself once. The connector carrying the starter button wire (yellow with green stripe, if I recall) came undone somehow... either while I had the tank off or when I put it back on.
          Charles
          --
          1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Check the main plug that connects the headight bucket harness with the rear. It's under the tank near the front.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
            X