Major Electrical Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major Electrical Issues

So when I purchased my 1979 GS750E, the electrical was completely shot. All left hand controls were gone, the wires were cut, and PO had put an Autozone switch under the seat to act as the starter.

In my great wisdom, I thought it would be a great idea to strip all the wiring, rewire what I needed to, and then plug it all up. Only problem is, im completely colorblind and I cant read the diagrams to save my life to know where to plug anything back in

Does anyone have pictures of their wiring or any suggestions that could help me wire this damn thing back up?

If you are so color blind that you can't tell one color from another, maybe you should not be the one to wire the bike?

The only way that might help you would be to buy a complete harness and all the stuff that plugs into it,
    but there are still some individual items that you need to identify by color.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Yeeeeeeah i know not my brightest moment.

I was kinda hoping people had some pictures of their harness plugged up and I could try it that way

Comment

Fortunately, most of the connectors on the bike are somewhat unique. There are a couple that have 9 pins, one is white, the other is green, but they are in different locations, so there is no way to plug in the wrong thing. There are plenty of 3- and 4-pin connectors, but they, too, are separated around the bike. Where you would have problems is inside the headlight bucket, where there are several of the same type connector, the only difference is the colors of the wires that go to them.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
        X